The aims of Army Surfing are to promote and encourage the sport of surfing, and to provide a focal point for all forms of competitive surfing within the Army. The subsidiary aims of Army Surfing are as follows:
- To act as the central body of control for competitive surfing within the Army.
- To promote and arrange Individual, Divisional, Army and Inter-Service competitions.
- To select teams or individuals to represent the Army in Surfing Great Britain approved competitions.
- To promote the mounting of surfing sports tours to various countries throughout the world, thereby improving the standard of surfing within the Service, and encouraging leadership, initiative and organisational skills.
- To train approved instructors and lifeguards for the sport.
- To provide regular opportunities for the coaching of beginners, improvers and intermediates.